Sunday, June 19, 2011

Update on the New Walking Stick project

Happy Fathers' Day!

Don't have a lot to say today but I wanted to update you on the new walking stick project. After much contemplation and a sip or two of Bud, I decided to carve the top of the stick into a rattlesnake with its mouth open in attack mode. The bottom half of the stick will be opened up to create a four post cage and lighten the stick. I've also decided that this stick should lend itself to a little shorter user so I reduced the length of the shabby tree branch by about fourteen inches. Check out the New Walking Stick project page for new pics and a narrative on what I've done so far. Next week I will add pages on a couple of other sticks I have been working on. One is a parrot in the jungle motif and the other is an elephant in the tall grasses. Both of those sticks include silver smithing and lapidary work which I also do. Also, check out the new page on Jewelry currently on sale. Only a few items now as my camera broke and I have to wait til I can get it fixed to add more items.

God Bless,

Michael James o.a.

No comments:

Post a Comment